Lennox Energy Savings Superstar’ Contest to Promote Energy Conservation and Help Homeowners Beat the Summer Heat
RICHARDSON, TEXAS –JULY 1, 2016 – Most American homeowners believe they deserve a passing grade when it comes to energy conservation, according to the annual Lennox “Home Energy Report Card” survey, but many also recognize that there is room for improvement. Lennox, a leading manufacturer of innovative home heating and cooling products, is giving U.S. homeowners a chance to demonstrate their efficiency I.Q. by sharing their best energy-saving advice for a chance to win new, energy-efficient air conditioning and heating equipment.
To participate in the Lennox Energy Savings Superstar contest, a homeowner must submit his or her most creative and effective tips for saving energy at home, along with an original, creative photo depicting the tip. Lennox is accepting entries for the contest via the Lennox website (www.lennox.com). The contest will remain open through August 31, 2016.
A panel of judges will select four (4) homeowners with the most original advice and creative photos to participate in a head-to-head vote on the Lennox website to determine the winner of the ultimate heat-busting grand prize, which includes:
- Either a combination of a Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC25 air conditioner (or XP25 heat pump), and the new Lennox iComfort S30 smart thermostat, both part of the new Lennox Ultimate Comfort™ System* or up to $10,000 in other select Lennox air conditioning and heating products, including installation costs
- A one-year supply of ice cream
- Four tickets to a water park near the winner’s home
“The annual Lennox Home Energy Report Card survey was just released. We found that there are many households that still need to take their energy efficiency efforts to the next level by taking actions, such as replacing an old, inefficient air conditioning system with a new energy efficient model, which will ultimately lead to energy savings and lower bills,” said Jennifer Franz, energy efficiency expert at Lennox. “With the Energy Savings Superstar contest, Lennox is giving homeowners the opportunity to share their best energy savings advice in order to inspire others to improve their grade in energy savings 101- and win the most high-performing, quiet, and energy efficient home comfort products on the market today.”
How to Enter the Lennox Energy Savings Superstar Contest
- Visit the Lennox Energy Savings Superstar contest website and complete the online entry form before Aug. 31, 2016.
- Provide an original and innovative tip for saving energy at home (in 1000 characters or fewer)
- Upload a creative and interesting photo showing how you save energy at home.
The grand-prize winner will be judged on the originality and creativity of their energy-saving tip AND their photo depicting how they save energy at home. The official contest rules are available on the Lennox website.
The contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years or older as of July 1, 2016 and who own their own non-mobile home with an existing central heating and air conditioning system that includes installed ductwork that is part of the permanent infrastructure of the home. The official winner of the contest, based on online votes, will be announced on or before Sept. 28, 2016.
Fun Facts from the 2016 Lennox Home Energy Report Card Survey:
- Fifty-one percent of homeowners surveyed gave themselves a ‘B’ grade when it came to conserving energy, which is up 6 percent from last year.
- Homeowners surveyed would rather strip down to their underwear (26 percent) than spend money to cool down the house in the heat of the summer.
- Homeowners are most willing to unplug or shut off these devices for two weeks or more in order to conserve energy: clothes washer/dryer (21 percent), television (19 percent), computer (17 percent), indoor lights (14 percent) and air conditioning (11 percent).
- If their A/C required repair, homeowners would rather remove clothing (50 percent), take a cold shower (25 percent) or splash around at a local pool (15 percent) than call the repairman.
- The majority of homeowners (68 percent) choose to conserve energy at home to save money over helping the environment.
*The new Lennox Ultimate Comfort System includes the highest efficiency products in their categories – the 26 SEER XC25 air conditioner or XP25 heat pump combined with the iComfort S30 smart thermostat, SLP98V gas furnace, PureAir™ air purification system and the iHarmony™ zoning system – and redefines precision, efficiency and customized comfort for homeowners.
About the Lennox Home Energy Report Card Survey
The results of the Lennox Home Energy Report Card survey are based on a telephone survey that was conducted by GfK Roper on behalf of Lennox Industries among 739 homeowners (ages 18 and over) within the U.S. during April 15-17, 2016. Entire survey results are available, upon request, by calling Jennifer Anthony at (214) 379-3709.
About Lennox Industries
Lennox Industries is a leading provider of customized home heating, cooling and indoor air quality products that are designed to deliver customized comfort, efficiency and functionality, with the most innovative and reliable features available. Lennox has been honored four times by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy as an ENERGY STAR Manufacturing Partner of the Year for its outstanding contribution to developing and promoting energy-efficient products. For more information about Lennox home comfort products, visit www.Lennox.com, call 1-800-9-LENNOX.